How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- p. p. - Acquitted; set free; rid of.
- v. t. - To discharge, as a claim or debt; to clear off; to pay
off; to requite.
- v. t. - To pay for; to atone for.
- v. t. - To set free, release or discharge from an obligation,
duty, liability, burden, or from an accusation or charge; -- now
followed by of before the charge, formerly by from; as, the jury
acquitted the prisoner; we acquit a man of evil intentions.
- v. t. - To clear one's self.
- v. t. - To bear or conduct one's self; to perform one's part;
as, the soldier acquitted himself well in battle; the orator acquitted
himself very poorly.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?